Question:
25 students in a class. 1/6 birthday in september 1/3 in october and november.how many bithdays in december.?
2006-03-27 17:01:16 UTC
25 students in a class. 1/6 birthday in september 1/3 in october and november.how many bithdays in december.?
Six answers:
Jughead177
2006-03-27 17:02:07 UTC
As many as 12. You do not supply enough information. They could have birthdays in the other nine months of the year, for all we know.
hunneebee22
2006-03-27 17:03:39 UTC
Assuming that the remaining students' birthdays are in December and not any other months, you would need to add 1/6 and 1/3 and then subtract that total from 1 to find the leftover fraction.

To do that, find the lowest common denominator of 1/6 and 1/3, which is 6. 1/6 is already in 6ths. 1/3 is 2/6.

1/6 + 2/6 = 3/6 or 1/2.

1 - 1/2 = 1/2
2006-03-27 17:07:34 UTC
well 1/3 and 1/6 is half of 25 so then you would get 12.5 but can't have half a person so then you get 12 and then 13 have a b-day in december
2016-10-15 12:47:19 UTC
DECEMBER 3 likes to talk. Sometimes Loves those who love them. likes to takes issues on the middle. large in mattress. inner and actual elegance. doesn't pretend. < genuine> receives offended oftentimes. True A significant love existence important different. True Treats buddies importantly. courageous and fearless. True continually making buddies. it really is all about love and equity. True actual damage yet recovers actual. Daydreamer. horny yet does fullfill. Hmmmm Opinionated. True does no longer care to regulate thoughts. < I do administration my thoughts> is conscious what to do to have relaxing. Unpredictable. someone to have close
brinabrooke
2006-03-27 19:43:58 UTC
there will be 10 students that have b days in dec.!
nikki!
2006-03-27 17:57:44 UTC
it depends because we don't know if there are birthdays on the other months..mmkay thanks=]