Question:
What all possible combinations are there for a 5 digit code and you can repeat numbers?
spentz
2010-07-25 08:10:54 UTC
I need it for something very important for college...im actually failing right now becuz of hard times with family and whatnot....the professor said if i get a list of all the possible 5 digit combinations with repeating he said he will pass me....please help...it will be greatly appreciated!!!

or even just give me the website name and stuff so i can go there and get it....but please help
Six answers:
Michael
2010-07-25 08:19:56 UTC
It is actually very easy to see how many possible combinations there are. There are 10 digits, 0 to 9. For the first digit there are 10 possibilities and for the second there are still 10 possibilities and the same goes for the third, fourth, and fifth. So there are 10 possible numbers for each digit so the number of total possible combinations is 10x10x10x10x10 which is 10^5 which is just 100,000. So there are 100,000 possible combinations for a 5 digit code where you can repeat numbers. As for a LIST of all the possible combinations, that would be a very huge list since there are 100,000 of them. If you reallllllllllllllllllllllllly want an actual LIST of all them and not just the NUMBER of possible combinations, then you would need to type a list with the numbers 00000, 00001, 00002, 00003, all the way to 99996, 99997, 99998, 99999. I hope this helps! :)
sachiko
2016-11-03 08:26:33 UTC
5 Digit Number Combinations
geniqu
2015-08-24 10:09:48 UTC
the possible way is simple more simple than any other way all this math is really hard but the real way to figure this out is actually really really simple there is not 100,000 different codes there is only 10 and you do not have to do any math at all like nnnnnnnnmnnnnnnnnnn you saw a whole bunch on n s when there is actually one m witch 99.9 % of you did not see and 1% of you did see it was a mind game to trick you and the same way all of you fell for it you also fell for how many codes can possibly be found off the digit 1-10 NOT 0-9 and if you count I-10 how many numbers did you count to right so each possible code has to gave one of each number the bass number will always be ten no lower but you can go higher with 100 being the most so think about it how did any of you ever think100,000 was the correct answer .
Jmar
2010-07-25 08:21:38 UTC
Since you can have any of 10 integers (0 - 1) in each space that would be 10 x 10 x 10 x 10 x 10 or 100,000 possible combinations.
math geek
2010-07-25 08:28:52 UTC
I think your professor wants to keep you really occupied for several hours!

There are 10^5 such combinations or 100 000. I would suggest making an organized list starting with

00000

00001

00002

00003

00004

00005

00006

00007

00008

00009

00010

00020

00030

00040

00050

etc.

The sites referenced below may give you some more insight. Good luck!
billrussell42
2010-07-25 08:19:27 UTC
The numbers start at 00000 and to go 99999, and there are 100000 different values.

Do you actually need a list? that would be a lot of numbers. If you wrote 10 columns of 100 each for each sheet of paper, that would be 100 sheets of paper.

I can email you this as a text file, but you will have to format it and print the 100 sheets.

.