Question:
where can I find solutions to probability problems?
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
where can I find solutions to probability problems?
Two answers:
gonpatrick21
2006-02-11 10:24:38 UTC
first the percentage is already 40% cause whatever u picked is just considered as 2/ out of 5 possibility. if i will gte to choose. i'll use the mini my ni mo thingy. ahha!
brunt
2006-02-11 02:52:51 UTC
Ah, a variation on the Monty Hall problem:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_hall_problem

It is a probabilistic curiosity, this one. The highly unintuitive answer is that you actually **can** improve your chances by changing your mind.

Your problem appears to only be different in that it starts with 5 boxes. The above link should give you sufficient information to solve the problem.