Question:
what is sigma notation and pi notation?
kevin!
2006-04-08 04:34:09 UTC
^_^

easy...
Six answers:
yaw_deuce
2006-04-08 09:50:52 UTC
I am going to assume that you are talking about the following:

∑ f(i)

i=k

This means the sum of f(i) for i=k to n. In other words, that expression equals f(k)+f(k+1)+f(k+2)+...+f(n-1)+f(n).

The "pi notation" that I think you must be talking about is this:

Π f(i)

i=k

This means the product of all of the f(i)'s from i=k to n. In other words, this expression equals:

f(k)*f(k+1)*...*f(n).

Clearly very similar to the sigma notation.
?
2016-10-03 02:44:56 UTC
Pi Notation
dodgo82
2006-04-08 04:49:54 UTC
A way to write a sum or product respectively of a sequence of terms determined by incrementing a variable inside an expression.

5

SIGMA ( i² ) = 1 + 4 + 9 + 16 + 25 = 55

i = 1
tlaq
2006-04-08 07:36:14 UTC
sigma is sum of

pi is the relationship of the circumference of a circle to its diameter
?
2016-10-16 03:17:52 UTC
This sum has 4 words. (-a million)^a million* cos(pi) + (-a million)^2* cos(2pi)+ (-a million)^3* cos(3pi) +(-a million)^4* cos(4pi) -a million* -a million+ a million*a million +-a million*-a million +a million*a million =4 i'm hoping that's what you meant...if the cos is an element of the exponent, then it would be (-a million)^(-a million) + a million^a million +(-a million)^(-a million)+ a million^a million =0
vishwajeet
2006-04-09 00:21:29 UTC
sigma- Σ

pi- Π