Question:
Arithmetic sequence questions?!?! 10 pts for best answers?
?
2010-05-02 07:47:37 UTC
Find the first term of the arithmetic sequence having the data given.
1.) avn = 48, Svn = 546, n = 26
2.) Svn = 781, d = 3, n = 22
3.) The third term of an arithmetic sequence is 9 and the seventh term is 31. Find the sum of the first twenty-two terms.
4.) How many terms of the arithmetic sequence 2,4,6,8, ... add up to 60,762?
Three answers:
Dr. Lucafont
2010-05-02 08:14:11 UTC
Question 1:

Given: a(n) = 48, s(n) = 546, n = 26

Use this formula.

S(n) = (n/2)(a(1) + a(n))

546 = (26/2)(a(1) + 48)

546 = 13a(1) + 624

546 - 624 = 13a(1)

-6 = a(1) (Answer)

Question 2:

Given: S(n) = 781, d = 3, n = 2

Remember that: a(n) = a(1) + (n - 1)d

S(n) = (n/2)(a(1) + a(n))

S(n) = (n/2)(a(1) + a(1) + (n - 1)d)

781 = (22/2)(2a(1) + (22 - 1)(3))

781 = 22a(1) + 693

781 - 693 = 22a(1)

88 = 22a(1)

4 = a(1) (Answer)

Question 3:

Given: a(3) = 9, a(7) = 31

If a(3) and a(7) were consecutive terms, the common difference will be 4 times bigger, since you must add the common difference 4 times to a(3) to reach a(7). Let a(3) be a(1) and a(7) be a(2).

a(n) = a(1) + (n - 1)d

31 = 9 + (2 - 1)d

31 - 9 = d

22 = d

So the common difference in this problem is 22/4 or 11/2. Now, let's find the first term of the sequence. Let n = 3.

a(n) = a(1) + (n - 1)d

9 = a(1) + (3 - 1)(11/2)

9 = a(1) + 11

9 - 11 = a(1)

-2 = a(1)

Find the 22nd term.

a(n) = a(1) + (n - 1)d

a(22) = -2 + (22 - 1)(11/2)

a(22) = -2 + 231/2

a(22) = 227/2

Finally, find the sum of the first 22 terms.

S(n) = (n/2)(a(1) + a(n))

S(n) = (22/2)(-2 + 227/2)

S(n) = (11)(223/2)

S(n) = 2453/2 (Answer)

Question 4:

Given: a(1) = 2, d = 2, S(n) = 60762

Using the formula for the sum of an arithmetic sequence, form the first equation.

S(n) = (n/2)(a1 + a(n))

60762 = (n/2)(a1 + a1 + (n - 1)d)

60762 = (n/2)(2(2) + (n - 1)(2))

60762 = (n/2)(4 + 2n - 2)

60762 = (n/2)(2 + 2n)

60762 = n(1 + n)

60762 = n^2 + n

0 = n^2 + n - 60672

Use the quadratic formula. I'll just use + instead of ±, since we can't have a negative number of terms.

n = [-b + √(b^2 - 4ac)] / 2a

n = [-1 + √(1^2 - 4(1)(-60672)] / 2(1)

n = [-1 + √(243049)] / 2

n = [-1 + 493] / 2

n = 492/2

n = 246 (Answer)

The first 246 terms of this arithmetic sequence, when added together, gives us 60762. Hope this helps!
cidyah
2010-05-02 08:26:15 UTC
1)

nth term = 48

sum = n/2[ a1+an]

546 = (26/2) [ a1+48]

546=13a1+624

13a1=-78

a1=-6

2) sum = n/2 [ 2a+(n-1)d]

781 = (22/2) [2a+(21)d]

781 = 11[2a+63]

781 =22a+(63)(11)

781 = 22a + 693

22a =88

a=4

first term is 4

3)

a+2d=9

a+6d=31

subtract

-4d =-22

d=11/2

a2=9-11/2=7/2 (second term)

a1= 7/2-11/2 =-4/2 =-2 (first term)

sum = n/2 [ 2a+(n-1)d]

n=22

sum = 11[2a+21d]

sum = 11[2(-2) + 21(11/2)]

= 11[-4+231/2]

= 11[223/2] =1226.5
?
2016-12-15 13:46:39 UTC
Dan, The question approximately STD should not be a deal breaker question, the extra concern you're with those issues the better, maximum women are on your subject and the adult males are the alternative. i might in simple terms in simple terms boost so ummm I choose if we the two get examined mutually previously have sexual family. If a women cant understand that with how Society is on the instant, and STD are everywhere enable me show you how to recognize then she isn't the single for you. As for as occurring on a women, you do no longer ought to ask that question do exactly it as elementary foreplay maximum women might have self-nicely worth themes with that yet they are going to likely nevertheless show you how to even nonetheless their shy if no longer then, there specifically in seek of you to cause them to sense extra mushy with it. very few hate that extra often than not so which you will possibly understand for confident in case you chanced on one in all those. Asking questions in mattress approximately what she likes is mostly a good concern. Allot of adult males do no longer even ask and that they assume their doing an incredible activity. Ask questions, she might think of its unusual on the commencing up because of the fact as I wrote many do no longer ask yet while she is open sufficient she will have the ability to understand and the intercourse existence would be allot better for the the two one in all you. wish this helps, i'm 24 btw.