Question:
PLease only answer this if you are POSITIVE your answer is correct if not then PLZ dont post!?
renee
2006-01-21 15:26:00 UTC
Which ordered pair is a solution to 3x - 4y = - 1 ?
( 3,2 )
(4,3 )
( 5, - 4 )
or
( 5,4 )
Eleven answers:
genocideforlove
2006-01-24 17:02:27 UTC
3(3)-4(2)=1

3(4)-4(3)=0

3(5)-4(-4)=31

3(5)-4(4)=-1

the solution is (5,4)
darcy2cool
2006-01-22 01:08:45 UTC
(5,4) Don't listen to the cowboy who says 9-8=-1 (that would equal 1)just plug the 5 in for x and the 4 in for y and solve. 3(5)-4(4)=-1, 15-16=-1
laila_eic
2006-01-22 02:47:14 UTC
i would just like to reinforce the answers of the other people...

THE ANSWER IS (5,4)!

substituting x=5, y=4:

3*5 - 4*4 = 15 - 16 = -1
sharonandsandy1992
2006-01-21 23:28:39 UTC
(5,4) because 3*5=15-4*4=16=-1
Top Guy
2006-01-22 08:33:03 UTC
The answer is (5,4) as other find but i think it's more mathematical if u frist change this to

Y= (3x+1)/4 and then find the answer.
matttlocke
2006-01-21 23:28:52 UTC
(3,2)

3(3) - 4(2) = -1

all others dont

hpoe this helps!!

hmm actually now that i look at my work, its wrong, the answer is (5,4) stupidly i looked for which answer was +1, i guess i was just liking positive numbers, sorry
2006-01-21 23:31:36 UTC
(5,4) is the right answer.

Because:

3.5=15 and 4.4=16, thus 15-16=-1

Mattlocke, you got it wrong! Your equation's result is +1 not -1
elijah_woodbaby324
2006-01-21 23:30:32 UTC
I did the math and found that it would be (5,4) hope this helps
vixxenkitty
2006-01-21 23:37:09 UTC
5,4
Michael S